Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lemon Bars??




After seeing this recipe pinned several times I decided to give it a try.  I mean 2 ingredients, where can it go wrong?  I picked up the ingredients at the store and headed home with high hopes of a yummy lemon treat.  I love just about anything lemon.  I found my way over to the recipe and started to read the reviews.  I encourage everyone to always read the reviews before you start a recipe because it could save you from throwing food in the trash.  I was not very optimistic after reading the reviews.  They were very scattered from awful to very good, not done to overdone and tasty to dry.  I settled on a post that suggested you add some lemon juice and do 1/2 the batter in mini muffin tins and off I went.

Lemon Bars

1 Box Angel Food Cake mix
1 can Lemon Pie Filling
1 tsp lemon juice
Powdered sugar for topping

Mix together angel food mix, lemon pie filling and lemon juice.  Put in pan of choice and bake at 350 until done. Sprinkle with powdered sugar while warm.

Although the recipe calls for a 9X13 pan, most reviews complained that they were not done in the middle. In the mini muffin tin it was about 12 min on 350 and in the 8X8 pan it took about 23 min.  One review used a jelly roll pan and she said it worked great. 

So, here's the review...a little disappointed.  I did like the ones from the mini muffin tin a lot better. My hubby said while they were OK, he just didn't feel like it was something of my caliber...lol!!! My oldest son , Zack, said they needed more lemon but he liked them.  If I do make them I will do a little adjusting and will probably add some lemon flavoring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment