- 1 dozen jalapeños
- 1 block cream cheese
- 8 slices of raw smoked bacon
- Also need: Drying rack or other metal grate to put on top of baking sheet and aluminum foil to protect the pan
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice each jalapeño down the middle and remove both the stem and the seeds. To remove the seeds you can either use a spoon or your finger. If desired, this step can be done while wearing latex gloves, but whatever you do don’t rub your eyes after handling the pepper seeds!
- Cut the raw bacon in thirds using either a knife or culinary scissors.
- Using a spoon, fill the jalapeño halves with cream cheese. It’s okay if it gets a little messy.
- Wrap one small piece of bacon around each cream cheese-filled jalapeno with the bacon seam on the bottom.
- Protect the baking sheet with a piece of foil and place a drying rack or other cooking rack on top of the foil-lined baking sheet. Place the completed jalapeños on the rack so the bacon grease can drain onto the foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 – 25 minutes or until the bacon looks brown and crisp. Serve warm and enjoy!
(Thanks, Real Food)