Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lemon Bars - Yummy

So here I am about to post a recipe for lemon bars, which I liked but felt they needed a little something more, and I come across an old recipe from my sister which is basically the same but better!! I kept saying that I thought it needed more ingredients and this recipe is the basic recipe I had but on steroids...lol!! I am certain they will be as good and maybe better than the first recipe I had and I look forward to making them again!! Here is a mixture of the best of both the recipes.



Lemon Bars

1 box of lemon cake mix
1 stick of butter, softened
2 eggs

Mix the above ingredients by hand and spread into a greased 9x13 pan and set aside.

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 box of powdered sugar
1/2 lemon grated
1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
2 eggs
1/2 tsp lemon flavoring
1 tsp vanilla flavoring


Beat cream cheese until smooth and then add powdered sugar blending until smooth. Stir in lemon peel and lemon juice.  Reserve a 1/2 cup for later use.  Beat into the remaining cream cheese mixture,  2 eggs, lemon flavoring and vanilla flavoring. Spread over the cake mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set.

Cool completely.  Spread the reserved cream cheese mixture over the bars and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares and serve.  They definitely taste better served at room temperature.

Happy Baking!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment