Mocha Brownies With Coffee Frosting
- ½ cup shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- Melt shortening and butter over low heat or in the microwave.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa, blend well.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Dissolve instant coffee in hot water and mix into creamed mixture.
- Add eggs one at a time, beat well, by hand, after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt.
- DO NOT OVER BEAT!