Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Biscoff Cupcakes with Biscoff Buttercream



My mouth instantly starts to water when I look at this picture.  In the words of my hubby..."This is the best cupcake EVER!"  I never expected this yummy beauty when I started this recipe.  As you are all aware I am quite fond of Nutella and if you examine the grocery store shelf carefully you will discover something called Biscoff spread right there enjoying its company also.  So on a quest for another lovable spread I dove in and bought a jar.  I have to tell you I was not that craxy about it straight from the jar.  We liked it, just didn't LOVE it, so it sat...sort of lost amongst the PB, Nutella and marshmallow creme until alas....a cupcake recipe!!!  This will definitely make its way to every place I have to take a dish any time soon!!!!


Biscoff Cupcakes with Biscoff Buttercream

Cake
1 box Golden Butter cake mix (Duncan Hines..that is the only brand I use)
1 stick butter
4 eggs
1/2 cup Biscoff spread
2/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 350.

Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup Biscoff spread and the stick of butter. Beat at medium speed with a hand-held mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at time, mixing well after each addition. Add cake mix and water. Mix on medium-high speed for 2 minutes.

Divide batter between muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting with Biscoff Buttercream.
 
Biscoff Buttercream

1 cup butter
2/3 cup Biscoff spread
6 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream (may need a tablespoon or two more)

Cream butter and Biscoff spread until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. With mixer on low speed, add 6 cups sugar and whipping cream; mix until light and fluffy. If necessary, gradually add more powdered sugar or whipping cream to reach desired consistency.



















No comments:

Post a Comment