Time to share my new found Pinterest recipes from the weekend!! I made 3 new recipes for my Nanny's 80th birthday party. I absolutely fell in love with the Red Velvet Cheeseball and made another one Sunday night for church. Enjoy the recipes below!!
**Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
Wash and hull strawberries. Alternate strawberry and pound cake on a skewer, I used sucker sticks, and drizzle with white and/or milk chocolate. Refrigerate and enjoy!!
§ 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, softened
§ 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip
§ 1/4 cup brown sugar
§ 6 Snickers bars, chopped
Mix all ingredients together.
Chill overnight to better blend the flavors.
Serve with pretzels or graham crackers.
**Red Velvet Cheeseball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- assorted cookies and crackers (my favorite was Vanilla Wafers)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. (This might get messy!) Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.